for prospective families only
New Life Christian Academy’s Admission Policies
NLCA accepts students regardless of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate in admission policies, educational policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
Priority for admissions to NLCA shall be as follows:
- Presently enrolled students
- Members of New Life Christian Church
- Brothers and sisters of currently enrolled students
- For new families, an applicant for K2 must be 2-1/2 years old, 3-years old for K3, 4-years old for Prek, 5-years old for K5 and must be 6-years old on or before September 1st to enter 1st grade.
Student registration forms must be submitted with registration fees with the following guidelines:
- A screening test to determine a student’s readiness may be required
- Certificate of Immunization (IMM-50) or a Medical Exemption form (IMM-51) from the Alabama Department of Public Health or from the student’s physician by the first day of school. Documentation should show evidence of student(s) having received a second dose of the measles vaccine. All vaccinations and immunizations should be kept up-to-date
- A report card of the student’s previous term of work
- A nine-week probationary period is imposed on all incoming students
- No admission of a student who’s currently using drugs, alcohol, smoking or using tobacco, or under suspension or expulsion, but cases are carefully examined
- Students who are pregnant or whose sexual promiscuity is known will not be admitted
- A required parental/guardian signature acknowledging that they’ve read and agree with the current year’s handbook. This document is kept in the student’s file
- Final admission of all students is subject to approval of the Director and pastor
Registration forms for the 2021-22 school year are now available for download.
Registration paperwork is now being accepted for the 2021-22 school year.
Alabama First Class PreK Program
First Class: Alabama’s Voluntary Pre-K registration link: https://alprek.asapconnected.com/
- complete the Pre-Registration form and submit birth certificate and proof of residence.